The Manoir's History
The Manoir de Tilly, built in 1786 by Sieur Jean-Baptiste Noël, Captain of Militia and Seigneur of Tilly, was inhabited by four generations of seigneurs and their descendents, until 1893. At that time, the Marchand family acquired it and the Manoir became a stopover for travellers alighting from the train at St-Apollinaire.
Toward the end of the 1940s, the Manoir was inhabited and used by various families over short periods before being abandoned for several years. The Daigle family finally took residence there in the 1950s.
Purchased by the Gagnon family in 1974, the Manoir underwent great changes and major renovations over the years. The Manoir's roomettes were replaced by apartments for the owners. In 1990, a new pavilion with 30 full-comfort rooms was added.